Monday 17 January 2011

B.McCoy- Chicago native bringing Hip-Hop back!







B. McCoy (Brandon Cassidy McCoy) a Southside Chicago native is the top of his age bracket. As an artist with a will to compete, grow, and financially expand, he plans to change the minds of those who say HIP HOP is DEAD. From the streets of Chicago and valleys of Cali he plans to take over and SHOW EVERYBODY HOW IT’S DONE.

 

HipHopInformant: How long have you been involved with Hip-Hop?
B.McCoy: Forever. It's in my blood. Hip Hop since 1989!

HipHopInformant: Was Hip-Hop on your mind from a young age and if not, what else would you have done if you hadn't got inolved with music?
B.McCoy: It was on my mind since the beginning. But if I didn't do this I would probably be in school or somthing. I wasn't too good wit sports.

HipHopInformant: Where are you from and does that influence your music?
B.McCoy: I'm from Chicago. It definitely influences my music. Every hood that I ever lived in has influenced me in some.
HipHopInformant: What are your views on the Hip-Hop Industry at the moment?
B.McCoy: Its great right now it has elevated to a new level. Its good but it would be better if I was in it...lol.
HipHopInformant: Can you explain your sound to people who might not have heard you rhyme before?
B.McCoy: Its a real classy and melodic. Truthful.
HipHopInformant: Any plans to come to London?
B.McCoy: If London will accept me, of course I want to.
HipHopInformant: Can you give me a run-down of your 5 favourite artists and why.
B.McCoy: Jay-Z because of the poetic flow.
Biggie because of the story telling.
2Pac becuase of the power behind his words.He showed leadership through his music.
Kanye West because he is so soulful. He elevated the soul of the game.
Twista because he talks to the crazy mind of Chicago. Was raised off of his music.
HipHopInformant: Tell me about your album where did you get inspiration to do this album?
B.McCoy: Album title is D.R.E.A.M.A. I was influenced by MCF Productions they showed me a lot about being in the studio and creating a album and not just songs. not to mention my own experiences of growing up and becoming a man.
HipHopInformant: Are there any underground Hip-Hop atists that you would like to work with?
B.McCoy: Definitely, Fashawn, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole and Bump J. I love all their music.
HipHopInformant: What's on your CD Player or Ipod at the moment?
B.McCoy: I'm listening to my album at the moment. Cold As Blue to be specific.
HipHopInformant: Any new Year's resolutions?
B.McCoy: Yep, that next year it will be hard to have a new Years resolution cuz I plan on doing alot this year.
HipHopInformant: What does the future hold for B. McCoy?
B.McCoy: To achieve my dreams of becoming a hip hop legend. So I guess im leaving it up to all the Hip Hop lovers out there.

No comments: