Thursday 19 February 2009

The new voice of L.A- Take note!







HipHopInformant: How long have you been involved in Hip-Hop?

Fal August: I've been involved in Hip Hop for about ten years.

HipHopInformant: How did you get involved in the industry?

Fal August: Well most of my family is involved in music so it was easy to fall in.

HipHopInformant: Tell me about the movie that you’re working on called “Riot Song”. What’s that about?

Fal August: Well Riot Song is a movie about two young kids falling in love something like Romeo and Juliet, only thing is instead of two different family hating each other its two different race , a black male and asian girl and its based in Los Angeles 1994.

HipHopInformant: Where are you from and does that influence your music?

Fal August: I'm from New York but I've lived in Los Angeles for about 7 years and I think being from both places helps to be different from other artist.

HipHopInformant: Many artists have said that Hip-Hop is dead or is lacking what do you think of the industry at the moment?

Fal August:I don't think Hip Hop is dead, I think it has slown down and Rap has taking over but Hip Hop is due for a comeback .


HipHopInformant: Are there any artists that you’d like to work with in the future?

Fal August:Well there's alot of artists I'd like to work with, LL Cool J, Eminem, redman, I guess that would be good for starters.

HipHopInformant: How would you explain your sound or swag?

Fal August:I would call it underground Hip Hop meets Dancehall meets Rock meets R&B.

HipHopInformant: Does your music have a message? If so, what is the message?

Fal August:I would think so because what I try to get across in my music is that its OK to be broke and still be happy so be yourself all the time, that means that should always speak your mind and don't let anyone take advantage of you.

HipHopInformant: Which artists influence you and your music?


Fal August: Eminem, Bob Marley, Sting.

HipHopInformant: What are your views on “beefs” such as the 50/Rick Ross beef ?

Fal August: Well music beef has been strange now a days some are real beef and some like 50 cent beefing with Rick Ross is just another way for 50 to get some attention because his records sales has been pretty weak and Rick Ross his sales have been great, this isn't beef this is called hating.

HipHopInformant: How did the name Fal August come about?


Fal August: Well Fal is Falken and Falken is a name that I got back in highschool and August is my last name.

HipHopInformant: Finally, what does the future hold for you?


Fal August: I don't know but what I do know is what ever I do its gonna be big.


Check out: www.myspace.com/falkenaugust


No comments: